-- In His Strength: There's Light at the End of the Tunnel www.superfluousbanter.org

In His Strength

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength --- Philippians 4:13

Sunday, July 31, 2005

There's Light at the End of the Tunnel

...and by-golly it's huge! A few weeks ago I learned fall of 2005 would be my last semester befoer I graduate with my second degree, a Bachelor's of Applied Sciences. My major is in Applied Sciences and I have a minor in Human and Family Development. Before I learned it would be my last semester, I was a bit overwhelmed to say the least. I was starting to come down with "Senioritis", and was anxious to be out in the preschool environment on a more permanent basis. These internships are nothing but a tease! But they are wonderful.
Have you ever felt, the closer you get to working in your field of study, the less you seem to know. It has been that way for me lately. I feel great about my direction as an intern, but when I sit in my classes, I feel as though ther is so much more I need to know!I heard it said in an education course I took recently, "As a teacher, you become a lifelong learner". Stages in development of children and what is supposed to happen and when is something I feel like I'll forever struggle with. My fear is that I will get into a classroom and realize I should have studied harder in college.
At the same time, I know I am blessed because God has brought me farther than I ever thought I would, or could go. Many things I swore I would never do, like teach, or move out of California. I am anxious to see what happens to me five, ten, even twenty years down the road. But I'll leave it to God to surprise me. I have my dreams, yes, an long to see them fulfilled, but knowing I have placed them in God's trust, and as much as it pains me to say it-His perfect timing, leaves me satisfied where I am at. I just wish I felt that way about being thirty and single!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home