-- In His Strength: Getting Older www.superfluousbanter.org

In His Strength

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength --- Philippians 4:13

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Getting Older

So it was a bit depressing yesterday to say the least. My last day of being thirty. Today, I am the big three-one. When I was younger, I wished I were older, couldn't wait. Now that I am older... I just dunno.

At 23 and still today, I find myself saying "I'm still wondering what happened to eighteen!"
At twenty-six - I remeber waking up on my birthday and the first thought to pop into my head was"Dear God four more years and I'm thirty!"
At twenty-seven - I woke up singing the Toys R Us theme song, "I don't wanna grow up..."

Today however, was a fantastic day. I went to bed last night thanking God for the past year, all he has taught me, and the experiences He has allowed me to have, the people I have met and become friends with, those whom I got to know more. I awoke this morning thanking God for yet another year of His blessings. Wondering what sorts of things will happen this year. what lessons will God teach me, who will I meet, what surprises does He have in store.

I had my internship today, working (okay, so it's more like playing) with preschoolers. Three of them came and gave me a hug today. What a better way to spend your birthday than surrounded by one of your deepest passions, children.

I have lived in Montana eleven years and I think this is the first time it snowed on my birthday. YIPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So all of us from the XA girls house (Courtney, Rachael, Lindsey, Janine, Megan S, and Megan Y) along with Jill, Krysty and Jess went to the Golden Corral buffet to celebrate. They have these dinner rolls that are AMAZING. The steak I had was to die for. Birthday girl got to eat for free.

I got some gret gifts too. A candle, a monogram "T" (what was funny was that Rael, who also had a birthday got actual tea) cute socks that my feet can't wait to get warm in, two DVD's and more stuff is coming later, I've been told.

The perfect endign to a perfect day, my most amazing brother had sent me a gift. He called me earlier in the day to sing me Happy Birthday and to ask if I had recieved anything from him. I hadn't. But when I returned home from a glorious (and rather hysterical, we were asked to quiet down by the waitress as she had a few complaints from other paitrons) evening with friends, I had waiting for me EIGHTEEN long stem red roses. I LOVE YOU BRO!!!!!!!!!!

God is so good

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I
would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me."

-Erma Bombeck

2 Comments:

  • At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Belated Birthday!
    Remember you don't necessarily have to act your age...perhaps from that aspect one may think you younger? I remember being 15, it seemed like I was that age for awhile, probably because it was right before 16 when I could drive. 15 was also the age when I met my 1st BF. I lose track of what days people's B-days are anymore...couldn't even remember my own sisters the other day-the date anyway. Oh I hope I don't get or have alsheimers.Christine
    P.S. Sorry I haven't updated my blog, it has been so long that I forgot my password-Man I must be losing my mind.

     
  • At 5:45 AM, Blogger sylvia said…

    happy waaay belated b-day to you. i guess i haven't been reading blogs very much for the past month. so much to catch up. even Tot has made three posts since i last read everybody's blogs! :) anyway, many blessings on another year of life!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home