-- In His Strength: My Time @ Gage www.superfluousbanter.org

In His Strength

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength --- Philippians 4:13

Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Time @ Gage

Today was my first day with the k-2nd graders since my surgery, and what an AMAZING day it was! I came into the classroom and heard each child gasp as they realized I had returned. Phenominal feeling! They were excited to be working with me again (or was it the dog, Idk. lol!) Today definately was a mood lifter.



Teachers tells me today one of her students asks her every day- "Is today an Alehe day?"



TOday: Had a volunteer luncheon @ Gage Elementary. Received a t-shirt, volunteer pin and a certificate. Had the most hours of any volunteer. Nominated for volunteer of the year. One teacher I volunteer for gave me a nice gift and her students each hand made me a card. So blessed! I love Love LOVE what I do!!!!!! (Allie even received a box of dogbones :) )


Fifteen minutes left into my day with the second graders the teacher asks which student would likke to work with me on beginning their homework assignment. At least fifteen hands go up. She chooses one, fourteen whiney "awwwwww"s follow. LOL! I love it!!!

Last day of the year and 2nd grade teacher tells me she hopes I will be back in the fall

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home