-- In His Strength: "......for such is the kindgdom of Heaven". www.superfluousbanter.org

In His Strength

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength --- Philippians 4:13

Sunday, July 17, 2011

"......for such is the kindgdom of Heaven".

Luca, ~ a little boy probably around four or five. He is deaf, but uses coclear implants to hear. I speak to him as any other child, but use a bit of sign laungauge with my speech to better communicate. "L" uses words here and there, some you an barely understand (or is it just me?) He is adorable, especially when he smiles.

During our table toys period, he became interested in the building blocks. He held them mostly, I tried to encourage him to stack them on top of eachother, which he did to some small degree.

Today during music time I sang to him, had my focus totally on him. When the songs talked about yourself I would point to him. At times I took his hands and made the motions, or signs for words. That seemed to put a smile on his face. On occassion he would take my hands to do the same, as if he wanted me to continue. Awesome!

I felt bad during gross motor time as he stood off to the side. I tried to get him to come near me to help him participate, but he stood by the door and just watched. I participated in gross motor along with the other children, helping out where I felt I was needed, as much as I could. (needed a nap afterward, whew!)

I sat with little "L" during the last portion of our time together, table activity. This usually consists of a table toy or coloring page. I tried to encourage him to color. Allowing him to choose a color, I would put it in his hand, and gently guide him in the activity. How much was actually him is debateable. We didnt' accomplish much there, but that wa okay. I read to him the verse at the botttom of the page anyway. At one point he took Alehe's leash in his hands, and made some vocalizations, trying to walk away. I often let children walk Alehe around the classroom. His face lit up when we walked together; leash in his hand, me walking beside, vocalizations louder and more exciteable.

I often wonder about these children, just how much of the lesson they are absorbing.....but I am learning to trust God that He is teaching them in His way. I am just His tool, He can use me as HE sees fit. Meanwhile, I am having a BLAST!!!!!
I want to do it all again, tomorrow!!! haha

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home