-- In His Strength: Alison Krauss and Union Station Concert at UM Adams Center www.superfluousbanter.org

In His Strength

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength --- Philippians 4:13

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Alison Krauss and Union Station Concert at UM Adams Center

Wednesday August third two thousand and five. Alison Krauss and her band Union Station were performing a concert at the University of Montana Adams Center. I left Ally at home 'cause she'd get scared when there's loud music (I made that mistake one too many times, poor girl). Besides, she had just had a great workout swimming in the Clarkfork River by Beavertail State Park(See previous post Beavertail State Park).

The entire concertwas fantastic, definately worth the money. And i think AKUS have earned themsedlves a few new diehard fans. Mixed in with their singing, there was a lot of humor. The drummer was said to have had a different hairstyle for each performance. On Wednesday night's performance she called it "rough and rugged". One of the band members did a voice over for Geroge clooney in the movie O Brother Where Art Thou. She claimed that this band members voice and George Clooney were her fantasy.

Alison introduced each of the band members throughout the night. Both Janine and I thought the bass player was hot. I couldnt see his face very well at a distance, but his buff arms looked mighty fine!

The band played music for two hours exactly. The second hour I thought was the best. Not only were they songs that I was familiar with, but you were able to hear the words a lot better. Some of these songs included:
Baby, Now That I found You...
Man of Constant Sorrows
Down to the River to Pray
the Smile on Your Face

Alison and the band sang a few christian songs, oh were they beautiful! A song titled 'Living Prayer' was my favorite song that was sung.There was a line in that song that had me closing my eyes and raising my hands toward Heaven. "Take my life and let me be A living prayer my God to Thee." After the concert, Jill said she was a new fan and wanted to go out and purchase all of her albums. (She claimed to have one)

What was so precious that night was seeing two or three couples in the back of the room country/western dancing to each song. Janine and I sat there and drooled. Made me want to get up and dance too.

Once upon a time I used to. Back when I lived in So. Cal. I was involved in a dance group for people with disabilities. Can't remember the building we practiced in, but it was some sort of business that we could use in the evenings as it was closed. We would then perform at nursing homes, a local bar, and even at the Del Mar Fairgrounds. Good times. Oh yeah, and to whomever invented seatbelts for wheelchairs, I thank you. I can remember a time or two that the gentleman I danced with (my favorite was the dance instructor) would inadvertantly spin me right out of my chair...and he was still holding onto my hands whilst my chair rolled across the room!




Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger Lance Fisher said…

    That song title "Man of Constant Sorrows" sounds familiar. I really liked the sound track to Oh Brother Where Art Thou?

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger XAgirl said…

    Yes it is.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home