-- In His Strength: 9pm rush to the Vet www.superfluousbanter.org

In His Strength

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength --- Philippians 4:13

Monday, August 08, 2005

9pm rush to the Vet

So Ally had to puke today...four times!!! My poor roommates were stuck with the task of cleaning it up too. A big thanks to J and L for their help. I just can't clean up stuff from either end of a dog. Not that I am physically incapable of doing it mind you, my stomach just would not allow it. I would be dashing for the toiletbowl if I had to clean it up...been there, done that. I usually have one hand over my mouth so I don't hurl, and one hand cleaning up whatever the dog did from either end. Poor J is the same way, and yet she does most of it...bless her.
So I called the vet at around eight thirty (Pruyn Vet hosp. has an after hours emergency clinic) this evening and the nurse on duty said it sounds serious and to bring her in right away, can I be there in 15 minutes. I shook, thinking to myself "okay, she knows something I don't and has to explain it to me in person!" So we got her there and got her checked out. Everything seemed normal, so the vet gave her a shot; antidiuretic/antibiotic. She said even with the heat it is not normal for a dog to throw up that much in one day (she threw up both her morning and night feedings plus two more times). I am giving her nothing but water tonight and tomorrow she gets white rice for breakfast. (lucky dog).
Next month it will be 12 years since I lost my first servicedog Fremont to cancer. Any last minute or emergency trips to the vet have scared me to death ever since then. Maybe in a future post I will share the story.
I'm sure she'll be her same goofy dog self in the morning.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger Lance Fisher said…

    Hey Tryna. I see you got the hyperlink thing figured out. Good work!

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger lafalda said…

    tryna,
    that first picture made me laugh out loud. totally wasn't expecting it...don't really know what i was expecting under the title "puke" but...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home