-- In His Strength: Let Your Faith Rest on God's Power www.superfluousbanter.org

In His Strength

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength --- Philippians 4:13

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Let Your Faith Rest on God's Power

It was another great night in Chi Alpha on Tuesday (then again, what night isn't?). When in worship, God got my full attention when the worship band sung
"Never Underestimate My Jesus".

Am I at the point of no improvement?
What of the death I still dwell in?
I try to excel, but I feel no movement.
Can I be free of this unreleasable sin?

Never underestimate my Jesus.
You're telling me that there's no hope.
I'm telling you, you're wrong.
Never underestimate my Jesus.
When the world around you crumbles,
He will be strong, he will be strong.

I throw up my hands.
"Oh, the impossibilities."
Furstrated and tired,
where do I go from here?
Now I'm searching for
the confidence I've lost so willingly.
Overcoming these obstacles
is overcoming my fears.

I think I can't, I think I can't.
But I think you can.
I think I can't, I think I can't.
But I think you can.
Gather my insufficiencies
and place them in your hands.


It hit me right where I needed it, coming aaway from a few health scares and then having to put my house up for sale. Mom and dad have had theirs for sale for over two years, the market is so soft now that its hardly been noticed. Up here its pretty much the same yet people are looking alot, either by drive by or walk through. Mostly by drive-by, picking up flyers too. Why is there interest in this one, but not the one that really needs to sell. Mom and I talked on the phone a few days ago and she mentioned she was praying for mine to sell. I told her I was praying for theirs. The flyers on the front lawn ran out and I was hesitant to call the real estate agency to come and restock, but I did it.
Why only seven years? True, people outside and within could scarecly agree on how things should be done.

Okay, before this post starts getting depressing, back to Tuesday's meeting.

Our focus in Chi Alpha for the next couple of weeks has been "unreached people groups" here at the University. And so, we will be having guest speakers with various topics of interest. We were given green sticky notes and asked to write down ideas to reach the different groups on campus. I came up with people with disabilities. As far as outreach ideas I have hyet to think oth far, but am praying into it. For over a year now I have been praying for others w/ disabilities to join our group, adn I have seen a few do just that. Why now that I am graduated does this idea hit me, and is this something I am supposed to do or lead someone else into doing?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home