-- In His Strength: Substitute Noon Duty Aide www.superfluousbanter.org

In His Strength

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength --- Philippians 4:13

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Substitute Noon Duty Aide

So the past couple of weeks (it seems like months already!) my computer has been on the fritz. Thanks to Cuchillo for helping me resuscitate it. Man! One doesn't realize just how much one spends on the computer until one goes without it for weeks. I was sick of reading, sick of watching t.v.....and going out of my mind!

I GOT A JOB!!! :)
On the twenty-third of January, I started working as a substitute noon duty aide. This means I monitor the children at lunchtime and recess, and help clean up the lunchroom as best as I can. I have actually offered to wipe tables on a few occasions. While it is not my dream job as of yet, I don't mind it really. This is just until I can find a more permanent position in a preschool classroom, meanwhile it gets me experience working with children. After the first day, I wan't crazy about the job. I wouldn't allow myself to make a judgemebnt just yet, and sure enough it's not hal0f bad. Sure, I do a lot of just sittting around watching when I am used to getting involved in childrens play. One co-worker talked to me after one day sa I had a group of chikldren around me fawning over Alehe. She didn't think I was watching the playground as I should have been. What she didn't understand was that I was making a sweep of the playground with my eyes every minute or so, AS I was talking with the children. At Paxson Elementary, Alehe was a hit with the children. I had a lot of children commenting about the dogs they have at home, or their gramma's dog. With some, I asked about their dogs at home or what not. One child commented about her dog losing a tooth, "But we don't get any money for it."
I had children asking me if I go to church, children asking me if I would come back and when I was. One little girl walks by me as the bell rings and tells me "You're beautiful", of which I was on cloud nine for the rest of the day. I was even able to use my knowledge of American Sign Language with two girls at one of the schoools. Awesome experience (I did have to sign to tehm to "go slow").

February first, I received my very first paycheck...$37.00

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger sylvia said…

    congrats on your job! i'll say a prayer that this is a good experience and that it leads to even bigger and better things. blessings. :)

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Beth Morey said…

    Yay that's awesome!

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger XAgirl said…

    That ws my thinking when I first started this position, that it would open doors to bigger and better things. Well, while all that was happening, the ball was rolling for me to work as a preschool aide for Fort Courage Childcare and Preschool

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger XAgirl said…

    Oh yeah, so I should start within a week or two

     

Post a Comment

<< Home