-- In His Strength: God Moment II www.superfluousbanter.org

In His Strength

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength --- Philippians 4:13

Thursday, November 16, 2006

God Moment II

I was practicing for voice lesson the other day when at that moment something ocurred to me.

When still in junior high I believe, there was a choir from Azusa Pacific University that came tosing at our church one Sunday morning. At that moment I decided I wanted to go to APU and major in music ministry. After all, I had an adopted aunt who travels the U.S. and sings for various groups of peoople/events. I wanted to do the same as she.These past few months, though I am absolutely thrilled with the fact that I will one day be teaching
preschoolers, that dream has still been in the back of my mind.

As I was practicing for my voice lesson, I was thinking about my being in the church choir. Church choir has also been a dream of mine since I was a child. I remember siting in church one Sunday morning yet again and watching the choir sing. "Someday that will be me up there", I thought to myself. It's not the church I thougnht I would be doing it in, but I am doing it just the same.

Anyway, while practicing for my voice lesson "Praise the King" by Cindy Morgan, (a song I will one day sing in church it was decided), A thought came to my mind. " I am doing music ministry, just not in the way I thought I would be doing it!"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home