-- In His Strength: AAACK! Jury Duty! (UPDATED) www.superfluousbanter.org

In His Strength

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength --- Philippians 4:13

Thursday, November 09, 2006

AAACK! Jury Duty! (UPDATED)

So I received notice of jury duty a few days ago. I don't know how I feel about it. All these what if's came to mind when I sent in my questionairre they make you fill out (what if they really ARE guilty and I say not? What if I have to go to the bathroom? Do I take Alehe or leave her home? how ling is each session, as I can't sit for very long before needing to move around). They say that sometimes the case gets settled even before going to trial. Dear God I hope that's the case. I guess I can't use ccollege as an excuse to get out of it anymore. I have heard others say its a great experience, but I really don't know if I have the desire. I am to report to the courthouse in November. Oh yeah, and what about transportation? Is THAT going to be an issue?

Oh well, I guess we'll wait and see
UPDATE:
I recently turned in a paper that gave an excuse as to why I could not do jury duty this time around. Although the more I thought about it the more I would have liked to do it, there were a few personal issues that got in the way and I wasnt sure how they could accomodate. Just recently too, I was scheduled for surgery on Friday 11/10/06. Though jury duty wasnt until Monday and it was to be outpaitent surgery, I was really unsure of how I would feel. I have had sugeries where they tried to release me that afternoon or the next day and had ended up staying longer due to how I felt afterward. Anesthesia does weird things to you sometimes.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger Beth Morey said…

    Ugh. I got called for jury duty about 6 months ago...in New Jersey. I politely told them it wouldn't work out since the three day commute would be hell. I hope it works out!

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been called for jury duty three times. Once, I was about to give birth and was excused. The other two times I actually ended up in the courthouse while the lawyers when pick-pick-pick through the 200 poor souls that were sitting there. Both times I never even got interviewed. I'm glad, because the third one was for a triple homacide. I really, REALLY didn't want to get involved in that. I checked that case out later and the jury had found the woman guilty. I'm just glad that I wasn't on the jury.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home