-- In His Strength: The Joys of Public Trasnportation www.superfluousbanter.org

In His Strength

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength --- Philippians 4:13

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Joys of Public Trasnportation

"I'm gonna be an Airforce Ranger, I'm gonna put myself in danger"

A young man who was in the Army struck up a conversation about the Military. Thus proceedeth the busdrivers Air Force song, the only two lines he could remember. I think he said it was back in '68 when he was in. I've had the two lines of the song stuck in my head for two days. (Hey Lance, you were in the Air Force, do YOU know the rest?)

As I am coming home from the YMCA, the bus driver says to a woman taking her sweet little time "I'm running late!" Woman to bus driver: "yeah, who cares?" Me (so glad I didnt say it outloud) : thinking "We Do!" I was hoping to catch the route 1 bus but instead had to take the route 12. Which is not that big of deal, but it does get me on the correct side of the street. I hate crossing, especially in the winter.

Riding the bus can take so darn long sometimes, but hey, it gets me out of the house. I go to the gym, to my voice lesson, job appointments, and sometimes other places too. As are the cab drivers, the bus drivers are great. Some of them even go to CLC.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Lance Fisher said…

    Hey Tryna, while I was in the Air Force, I really didn't see that much danger from my computer desk :) The only time I marched was in Basic and Tech School. But searching around the ol' 'net I found this:

    I want to be an airborne ranger (I want to be an airborn ranger)
    Livin' a life of heck and danger (Livin' a life of heck and danger)
    Airborne... Ranger... Heck and... Danger.

    Also, some people were really adamant that it was airborne ranger and not Air Force ranger. I think it is because the Rangers are part of the Army.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home