-- In His Strength: Winter Advance www.superfluousbanter.org

In His Strength

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength --- Philippians 4:13

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Winter Advance

"Oh my freakin' goodness!" - four words that basically sum up my experience this weekend.

God is up to something. The past six months have been divine. Fall retreat was so much more than I thought it was going to be. Even though I was only able to go to the Daughters Retreat the first night, it still blew my mind. Our ladies bible study and reading Captivating by John and Staci Eldredge was exquisitly divine. And now, Winter Advance. A four day winter retreat with over 200 Chi Alpha students from Idaho, Louisiana, Washington and Montana. God is definately up to something.

In the Words of fellow blogger Knit n Play



I can tell God is making me who I need to be for whatever that something
is...But the not-knowing-what is absolutely killing me. He may be weaving
something upstairs, but heck if all I don't see is a large tangly web.
And fellow blogger Tot's comment on Knit n Play's blog



I feel like i'm so average and can't see how and why i feel that there's
something crazy/remarkable that God is going to do.
Eric Truill was our guest speaker and is currently the campus pastor to the Chi Alpha group in Louisiana, and boy was he funny. Our church's very own Masters Commission led worship for each morning and evening session with Eric. They did an excellent job.

When this retreat was first announced, of course I wanted to go. Apparently I was mistaken in thinking it was to be our annual SALT conference. I dont know what was up. Anyway, at first I had the finances to go, and I was excited. However, something came up and finances were suddenly tight. I started to think that maybe, I wasn't supposed to go. I felt sick about it. One night at Chi Alpha, Scott made an announcement about the trip and said that if anyone ws not going simply because of finances, come talk to him. I hesitated. God is working on me in the area of asking for help when I need it, or when it is offered. Even as I type, I think of something Julie Austin (wife to Paul Austin, XA pastor to ISU campus) said to me at WORLD SALT a few years ago. "When is the absence of money the indication of God's will?" I talked to Scott and everything wss hunky-dory, that I could pay for the trip in monthly installments if I had to (Thanks, Scott). Within a short amuont of time I realized I had failed to record two deposits into my checkbook register and was able to come up with the deposit the day we left for Butte, Montana (affectionately known as Butte, America). Had they the finances to do so, mom and dad would have helped pay.





I will post pictures as soon as I can find the cord to my camera :(

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home