-- In His Strength: I've Got an INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!! www.superfluousbanter.org

In His Strength

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength --- Philippians 4:13

Friday, August 04, 2006

I've Got an INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!

I was told when I turned in my application that it would be two or three weeks before they would be conducting any interviews. It had only been a week when I received a call before 1pm today. I was in the kitchen listening to the radio when I suddenly realized my cellphone was ringing. By the time I got my hand on the phone, it went to my voicemail. I immediately called back and had to leave a message. I then called J.O.B.S (the job placement agency I have been working with) to let them know and in the middle of it get a call back from Head Start. I now have an interview scheduled for 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday the 8th of August. I will go to J.O.B.S. on Monday and take careof any last minute business and get prepared for the next day.

Oh I am shaking so bad right now. Excitement, nerves, all the above.

I called my parents to tell them the news and my dad answered the phone. I forgot my mother was in La Costa working at a tennis tournament. I talked to my dad for a few minutes and told him I had my first interview, and that it was with Head Start. "Well, could it be that I have been praying for you?" My bottom jaw fell. In all my thirty some odd years I have never heard him say those words. I told him "thankyou" before he sakd he had to go , he was in the middle of work and it was important. When I talked to my mother later she even said he has been watching nothing but Christian Television. For some reason, reading has been hard for him.

It's been a great day so far

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is great. Just act normal- they want to see who you are, not who you think they want you to be! Don't be nervous. They're just people too.

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Beth Morey said…

    That's awesome!!!! All the best in the interview!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home