-- In His Strength: Too busy? www.superfluousbanter.org

In His Strength

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength --- Philippians 4:13

Friday, May 19, 2006

Too busy?

Lord, may I never be too busy as to lose touch with the little ways in life in which you catch my attention.

"Can I pet your puppy?!" I heard a little voice say as I sat at my kitchen table and read 'Sacred Romance' for what seemed like the umpteenth time (and yet it never seems to get old). This little voice, of which I happen to know belongs to a little blonde cutie who lives across the street ( and who happens to be a preschooler). I heard it again four more times (and increasingly louder each time). I just happened to look up from my book and see a woman walk by my livingroom window, walking her dog. Apparently, she had ignored the little girl's request for a pet. Maybe the dog doesn't like children, or perhaps she just didn't want to be bothered. Couldn't she say something to her?
When going to and from campus I too am stopped by a little voice, the same voice I heard just moments ago. "Can I pet your puppy?" It happens on numerous occasions and with each request, I can't resist the temptation of interacting with a child. At times I have told her "not right now" and explained why I am in such a hurry. Other times I have stopped, not caring if I am even five minutes late. I ask forgiveness for the times I have just wanted to get stuff done and don't want to bother ( which, I might add, have been few).

Hebrews 13:2
Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home