-- In His Strength: WOW! The song Speaks Truth! www.superfluousbanter.org

In His Strength

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength --- Philippians 4:13

Monday, February 26, 2007

WOW! The song Speaks Truth!

Friends are Friends Forever, if the Lord's the Lord of them..... Lyric from Michael W. Smith's song 'Friends'.

Quite a while ago I wrote a post about friends. A while later, I wrote one about getting sucked into creating a MySpace page. Who would have thought that one of my friends from childhood would find me by searching MySpace after creating a page of her own. I haven't had any contact with her since, oh I don't know, thirteen years or more. It was absolutely awesome as one night I had been praying for friends I had lost contact with, and just happened to mention in prayer that it would be incredible if I could somehow come in contact with many of them once again.

Jenifer and I grew up in the same neighborhood. She and her family had just moved into the neighborhood prior to us meeting. The two of them were wandering the neighborhood when her mom saw me and convinced her daughter to introduce herself to me. I remeber I brought her to church a few times, and hten there wa the time we sang worship songs ain the raqetball courts in El CAjon, whuile waiting for my mom to get doen with her tennis game. Even after a couple of years and a few moved on both of our parts,we still managed to keep in touch. I can't remember exactly how we lost touch (it was either before or after my move to Montana), but as with other friends I have lost touch with...it absolutely killed me inside, and I have not stopped praying for them when the Lord brings them to mind.

This is the second time it has happened. I wonder if Melanie and I will ever meet again......

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Lance Fisher said…

    Despite all the flack myspace gets, it can really be a cool thing.

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger sylvia said…

    shock and awe! lance wrote that?!?
    :)
    but yes, i agree. in moderation, it can be quite good. i recently found a high school friend on MySpace. i would never have found her otherwise, i think.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home