-- In His Strength: HFTCN: Van is Fixed ! www.superfluousbanter.org

In His Strength

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength --- Philippians 4:13

Sunday, August 21, 2016

HFTCN: Van is Fixed !

It feels great to have my van back again!  The Problem? Clogged air valve. Who knew it would make the car run so slow.

Today, I stayed through our movie  the children made light sabers, and had a blast having wars with each other. 

Our scripture verse of the day was John 14:3 , "
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Since Tank was trained the 'Bed' command using a rug, now, no matter where we are, if he sees sa rug, he will go and lie down on it.  This was the case today.  People thought it was cute

The day was as little less stressful what with now having my van back. But then we had a hard craft , one that I really couldn't understand how to do. A lot of weaving Para cord for a compass that you can wear on your wrist. I had to have someone else explain it.

Early arrivals practiced the dance with our team members.

Pastor Eisele (our youth pastor getting ready for VBS, upstairs getting sound ready, you could hear him singing.

Today, we had ALL SIXTY kids in one room for craft.  It was a tad noisy.

Somehow, they thought it to be hilarious hitting ME with the light sabers.   I would get them back when they least expected it. Ha!

I told myself that with SOOO many kids, I would be a bit strict with interaction with Tank.  God stepped in and reminded me that Tank could be a ministry tool. When opportunity arose, I would explain to children what Tank does for me, and tol, they may pet him. Some of the children I allowed to hold the leash, or walk him around where I could see them (Tank is a foodie, and so I wanted to monitor his nose on the ground)

A song we sang today was based off of Romans 10:9, "that if you confess with your mouth 'Jesus is Lord' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead you will be saved'.  Each time the song said 'you', I pointed to a child sitting next to me. BIG smiles from them when I did.
Two blonde brothers were so cute with Tank. One of them especially (drawing a blank on names, drats) I had a bag of treats with me and he would get Tank to do the basic stuff. I have a picture of him on his hind feet getting a treat held in the air.

Today in service, as Children's Pastor Joel Niles was giving a sermon on the difference between baptism in water and baptism in the Holy Spirit, Larry Garcia got a surprise water bucket dumped over his head.

I asked a little girl today, "What was your favorite part so far?", her answer, "The part where I danced".  There was a lot of dancing going on during worship, as our worship team had choreography for each song we sung.


SKIT:
Pastor Red Star in a black curly wig, "Stayin' Alive" song
Pastor Eisele, "Who Am I?" Casting Crowns song

15 first-timers
20 children accepted Christ for the first time!



Later in the day, a VBS-er saw me kicked back in my power chair and thought it was cool.

Allyssa, fun to play around with. She and I tried to poke each other in the belly. Ow, my ear!

Joystick on my chair , "Joy" stick as children love to play with it. I gave some an opportunity to drive my chair (with me still in it) while they walk beside me. Only one managed to run over his/her toes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home