-- In His Strength: Through the Word 2022 Week 1, Day 2 www.superfluousbanter.org

In His Strength

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength --- Philippians 4:13

Sunday, January 02, 2022

Through the Word 2022 Week 1, Day 2

Genesis 3-5 ; Psalm 2

GENESIS 3

Write what speaks to you and how.                         *Write out verses in their entirety.  

 Vs. 1 Serpent was more crafty …..In my humanness ”was it really?  Find a rock and kill it already!”( flashbacks of childhood at the river)   How much bigger am I compared to a snake. The fact that animals “talked” boggles my mind! If it were a bird, it would make much more sense to me! (Granted, all my bird could do was call the cat abs dog ….Oh! And wolf whistle)

Question to myself: “What are *my* “snakes” ?  Anything related to my head or stomach. Confrontation with a longtime friend of 27 years that did not end well in my opinion. Dreams yet to be fulfilled. 

Vs. 2 - Satan (the serpent) questions Gods authority, our understanding of His authority 

Vs. 3. Challenge my anxious thoughts with what the Word of God says. 

Vs. 8  ‘walking with God in the Garden in the cool of  the day ~ I cannot wait for the day I get to walk and talk with my Savior! vs. 8  ‘hid themselves from the Lord’ —- can anyone really hide from the  Lord? What are times I “hide” from God? What more-important thing keeps me from spending time with Him?! It should be my joy and delight! 

“Prophetic Word in college - “He longs to hear my voice in the morning” “He quiets all of Heaven to hear my voice.” I know Ladies Bible Study starts in just a few short weeks, I hope I didn’t bite off more than I could chew. 

Genesis Ch.. 4

Vs. 2 Cain keeper of sheep and Abel a worker of the ground. 3. Cain brought an offering of the fruit of the ground while Abel brought the firstborn of the flock and their fat portions. 4. The Lord had regard for Abel and his offering 5. But for Cain and his offering He had no regard. (Why? I don’t understand)  

Vs. 26 …people began to call upon the name of the Lord

It’s taken everything in me not to read the notes section below

Ch. 5

Vs.1 When God created man, he made him in the *likeness* of God. Male and female….

Vs. 6 Wow! From 800 years down to 100 or less. People having children in their hundreds of hundreds. Now only into their 30’s, 40’s, +

Enoch walked with God ~ ongoing intimacy. I want that to be said of me. I strive to be that example when teaching my pre-k’s.  

Noah- vs 29 out of the ground that the Lord has cursed this one shall bring us relief from our work and from the painful toil of our hands. 


What do I do when I feel nothing speaks on that day? Here is where I get tripped up, stressed out and discouraged. Multiple days tend to pile up. I am glad for catch-up days. Now, to prioritize my time with my Savior 


PSALM 2

Vs. 2 Anointed - Us? 

Vs. 7 You are my (Daughtet); Today I have begotten you. (Flashbacks of my baptism; as I was being lifted out if the water, I heard the congregation clapping, cheering ….but it sounded a lot louder than it should have. I felt in my spirit all of Heaven was doing the same. 

***Vs. 8. Ask of me and I will make the nations your heritage, and the ends of the earth your possession 

Lord, how are my prayers? 

Vs. 12 Kiss the Son ….Blessed are all who take refuge in him. 





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home