-- In His Strength: Through the Word 2022 www.superfluousbanter.org

In His Strength

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength --- Philippians 4:13

Sunday, January 02, 2022

Through the Word 2022

 1-1-2022

I felt God was calling me to try again. I, ashamedly, was less than eager, thinking of all my past attempts and failures. But something in me felt a tug, a new excitement. A, “What if?”   

I always seem to drift to the commentary underneath the verses, as a means of making sure I am understanding it the way the author intended. But, instead, allowing God through His Holy Spirit to give me the understanding. It’s still a work in progress as I find my eyes drifting to the bottom of the page. Ha! 

Genesis 1

Genesis 1:27 "...in His own image". ~ I am God's representative 

     A new excitement wells inside me for interacting with my family, my friends, my co-workers, community and especially my church kids. Lord, it’s only by Your strength!

Genesis 1:28 "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth 

     spiritual children 

I have always longed for a family of my own, so I determine more than ever to pour more of myself into my Wednesday night and Sunday morning ministry in the coming year.  ( but why can’t this be daily and not just on a weekly basis?! Perhaps one day I will understand.) 

Genesis 2

The importance of rest.  Not just in my body concerning how busy I am, but more so in my mind and how busy IT is!!! Rest in Him, rest in His Word, in worship. 


What did God do to “rest”. 

Psalm 1

Psalm 1:2

*His delight is in the Law of the Lord

      and on His law he meditates day and night

May my time in His Word grow to be more of a delight than a duty. I am often frustrated when I fall behind, get overwhelmed and bag the attempt. God wants persistence, not perfection.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home