-- In His Strength: Winter Advance, Day 2 www.superfluousbanter.org

In His Strength

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength --- Philippians 4:13

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Winter Advance, Day 2

February 18, 2006

There is nothing like, Your love!" (song lyric). Throughout the week, God kept penetrating my inner being with lyrics to songs tht we were singing. I had to write them down. One song in partricular (later on in the weekend) I wrote down the whole thing. It spoke to me that much. Some were from song I have been singing for years, some, I just learned that night.

Each night of worship during the retreat God's presence was strong, at least for me. I could actually feel my lower back getting sore as I would find myself bee-bopping to the worship songs. At one point I was getting tired so I sat still, only to find myself dancing once again. . My spirit just couldn't get enough. Tonight during worship I found myself looking foward to Heaven, where I could worship with abandon. (I love to worship!)

On the lighter side, I became a toddlers best friend. Here is a young child of a campus pastor, not quite two, and she walks right up to me and puts her arms up as if to say "Pick me up!" She did this two more times during the weekend, sorta scoping me out I guess. What a cutie!

Krysty K Had a fixation with Maccaroni salad. She went nuts at dinner when they had it out more than once. She also caught the attention of our speaker one night with her laugh. Thought she sounded like a goose. For that he gave her a banana. (we love ya Krysty!)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home