-- In His Strength: Head Start --- The Interview (Updated) www.superfluousbanter.org

In His Strength

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength --- Philippians 4:13

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Head Start --- The Interview (Updated)

So I planned for transportation to come get me after an hour. The interview took fifteen to twenty minutes max.
To those who have kept me in their thoughts and prayers the past couple of days a huge Thank You. The interview went very well. I met one gentleman outside near the lift to get to the third floor where the interview was. I had to ride up two lifts, both identical to the lift I had to ride to the sanctuary at Hamilton Assembly of God. My job coach and one other man made sure I got in and out of them okay.
When I wheeled into the room where the interview was to take place, I was startled by six other people sitting at the table (they apologized for not warning me ahead of time). Each person asked me at least two questions. I could not believe I wasn't nervous, that is just not like me.
It doesn't sound like I would be working at that particullar building, but at another here in town. They had openings for part and full time employees in different parts of town.
I had a feeling working at head Start would consitute me as having coverage for medical, dental, so on and so forth. As far as pay, roughly around what I am getting now. I'd be making around 9 bucks an hour.

Most of the job description contained stuff I had done in other internships. Plus there is a lot of added responsibility, none overwhelming at this time

If I get it, the last week of August is when I would start.
I would have to participate in meetings with teachers and parents. I am looking forward to that.

UPDATE: He called me back today and left a message on my phone as I was on the other line. I didnt expect a call so soon. I didn't get the job. :(

At least I now have the experience of going after a job and sitting through an interview, and know tha I worked for it and that it was not just handed to me. Thanks mom for that encouragement.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's a bummer you didn't get the job. However, you don't know what's around the corner....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home