-- In His Strength: Artichoke www.superfluousbanter.org

In His Strength

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength --- Philippians 4:13

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Artichoke

Live Search Images: Artichoke


Krysty, Rael, Amanda, and her mom were intrigued by my vegetable choice for tonights dinner. With my mother being in town, she has made a few meals in our kitchen. Tonight, I had what was left over from the other night(I can never seem to eat the whole thing!).

I grew up on artichokes basically. What you do is peel the leaves (the pointy thingies) off of the heart (the best part). Some people dip them in butter, but IM grew up dipping the ends in mayo and scraping the inside of the leaf with my teeth. Yum! Then, you scrape the inside of the heart (grasslike stuff, YUK) and slather the inside with mayo and pepper, Then eat the whole thing. Quite good.

The fun part is trying to get the leaves into the pot m,om sets aside. A lot of times, we tend to miss. Oops, what a mess!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger Lance Fisher said…

    Artichokes are good. I've had them steamed and then served just as you mention, but with hollandaise sauce instead of butter.

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Lizard said…

    What is this bashing of the butter? Butter is SOOO the way to go guys. Nothing can even come close to its delicious and freshful flavor.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home