-- In His Strength: Children:A Blessing from the Lord (In more ways than one) www.superfluousbanter.org

In His Strength

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength --- Philippians 4:13

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Children:A Blessing from the Lord (In more ways than one)

I came home from watching Shrek 3 with my favoritest preschooler in the world and his mom. I came away from the movie liking it more than I thought I would. The whole time I wondered what J was thinking, because there was a lot more adult humor than I thought there should have been.

It was so cute, before the movie we had time to kill as the 2:30 showing was sold out, so we went to petsmart. He wanted to push my wheelchair. When we went into the movie theatre, he wanted to push my wheelchair, even when we came out. The little stinker, when we were at the gas station afterward, he kept throwing his jacket over my head asnd laughing hysterically. then, when I wouldn't give it back, he asked his mom to tell me to give it back. She laughed. He was being serious. I LOVE to hear a child laugh. There is something God awe-ing about the experience.

When God gets me around a child, I feel like I am being spoiled rotten. Even in my work, I almost feel like I shouldn't be having so much fun. It just doesnt feel like work to me. I thoroughly enjoy what I do.

I came home from the movie and looked up child and children in the back of my Bible. Here are the verses that stuck out to me.

Proverbs 20:7
The righteous man leads a blameless life;
blessed are his children after him.

Proverbs 22:6
Train a child in the way he should go,
and when he is old he will not turn from it.

Mark 9:36 and 37
He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them, "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me."

Psalm 127:3
Sons are a heritage from the LORD,
children a reward from him.

Matt 18:3
And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

19:13,14
Then little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked those who brought them.
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

I just remembered my Strongs concordance, maybe I'll post more here later.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home