-- In His Strength: Through the Word 2022 www.superfluousbanter.org

In His Strength

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength --- Philippians 4:13

Tuesday, January 04, 2022

Through the Word 2022

 Genesis 10

Names of people in the Bible back then compared to today. 

Vs. 5 Maritime peoples? 

My eyes glaze over when reading long lists of names I can hardly pronounce. My brain: Why is this important?! History and geography were my worst subjects (I won’t go into Math!) . 

Vs. 27 Terah’s Family Line. Abram (later Abraham) , but you don’t hear of his siblings again, do we?  

Genesis 11


Psalm 4 - Answer me when I call

God of my righteousness 

*VV. 1 Be gracious to me and hear my prayer! (What are my motives for asking? ) 

(parable of the persistent widow) 


Verse. 2 *How long will you love vain words? Heart check! 

(so many examples of ways to pray! Even I teach a simple five-finger prayer for my preschoolers ….’Dear God help me now!)  A.C.T. S of prayer (adoration, confession, Thanksgiving, supplication.)

The Lord has set apart the godly for Himself 

~The Lord hears when I call to Him ~(I need not make exexcuses. Stay faithful 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home