-- In His Strength: Interview with the YMCA www.superfluousbanter.org

In His Strength

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength --- Philippians 4:13

Monday, September 11, 2006

Interview with the YMCA

These things go so fast, I can scarcely remember what happens when I get out of there! Anyway, today was the interview for the YMCA daycare. When I first came in, Judy Walker (whom I spoke with on the phone) led me to Jason Shearer's office (the gentleman who gave the interview). Problem was, she didn't remember there was an elevator (and I was told she worked there for six years!) I immediately thought "oh great, another wasted trip". But now that I think about it, it was just his office that was upstairs and not the daycare facility itself.

I wasn't really nervous at first, that is until he asked me a question I, for the life of me, could not think of an answer for. I then panicked because I read in a handout that it is best not to give the answer "I don't know" to a question. But what happens if you really don't know? I feel like I should have though. A few questions he asked I had the perfect answer in my head, and nothing like it came out the mouth. The latter half of the interview and the anxiety really set in. He started asking me questions that started with "What would you do if...?"I swear, interview practice with J.O.B.S. has gone wa-a-ay better than the actual thing! I just have to keep reminding myself that I have only done two in my life and I will (even if it kills me!) get better!
After I then had an opportunity to ask a few questions, and have a tour of the facility I would be working in. The room is twice what my internship were. There are separate areas for babies toddlers and older children. They did ask me what ages I would prefer to work with. I said three - five and then thought to myself "I'm really okay with any age, yet I haven't changed to many diapers in my lifetime". It was said that at least 100 children come through those doors every day (Holy Cow!) They have a limit of two hours children are allowed to be left there.

I should have a phone call by the end of the week. Same with Fort Courage, only FC will be for the initial interview

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home